Therapeutic massage, increasingly popular among people of all ages, is well accepted as a way of lowering stress and blood pressure levels, reducing headaches, reducing withdrawal symptoms and pain reduction. In addition, message therapy is getting increased recognition by medical experts and the public that massages are not simply a luxury service, but a medical service.
The different types of therapeutic massage are available depending on your needs. Most of these techniques are designed to reduce stress while helping alleviate other ailments include:
- Deep tissue massage – designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue (fascia) and is often recommended for individuals who experience consistent pain, are involved in heavy physical activity (such as athletes), and patients who have sustained physical injury.
- Sports massage – geared toward athletes of every kind. The sports massage technique used is specific to the athlete and focuses on areas of the body that are overused and stressed from repetitive movements. A sports massage is also helpful in preventing injuries by releasing muscle tension and restoring balance to the muscular-skeletal system.
- Prenatal massage – a healthy way to reduce stress and promote overall wellness by relieving many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and swelling.
- Relaxation massage – Also known as a Swedish massage, this technique goes beyond relaxation and is beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension.
People seek out massage therapy for various reasons, some of which are general relaxation and stress reduction, preparation and recovery from a sporting event and easing aches and pains due to pregnancy. In addition, massage therapy can be a great adjunct to those receiving physical therapy and or chiropractic care. Because massage increases blood flow and circulation in the muscle tissue, as well as increasing range of motion and flexibility, this can help speed along one’s recovery rate and help the body and mind to feel better overall.
Contact Nadia to find out more about how muscular therapy can help you feel better overall.
416 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 10AM – 6PM
- Wednesday, Friday: 10AM – 7PM
- Saturday: 10AM – 4PM
- 30 minutes – $65
- 60 minutes – $100
- 90 minutes – $140
We accept cash, check, Visa and MasterCard.
24 Hour Cancellation Policy
To provide the quality care you deserve, this time is reserved exclusively for you.
If you are unable to attend your appointment, please allow us to care for someone else. Your friends and family are always welcome to take your place.
Payment for the missed appointment will be required.
I work with computers and am always sitting. Nadia calms the tense muscles quite a bit. The massage therapy is relaxing and gets out all of the toxins. She also gives me exercises to relax my back and shoulders for the weeks I don’t have therapy.
S. H., Sudbury